The Preventive Program
Online Dental Education Library
Dr. Sadlon and his staff strive to improve the overall health of our patients by focusing on preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions associated with your teeth and gums. Please use our dental library to learn more about dental problems and treatments available. If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, contact us.
DR SADLON'S DENTAL BLOG
Please click the link on the home page to access Dr Sadlon's blog for the practice. Dr Sadlon will be discussing some of the most common questions he gets from his patients about their dental condition. In addition, he will be picking timely issues in Dentistry to keep patients aware of the latest advances in the field. Any comments or questions are welcome! Enjoy!
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits. The following are helpful recommendations:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up-and-down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.